Dental Crowns – Brick, NJ
Restore the Strength & Structure of Damaged Teeth
Dental crowns are one of the most common restorative treatments conducted by dentists across the country. In fact, in the United States alone, an estimated 15 million people have dental crowns to help support compromised teeth. At Drum Point Family & Implant Dentistry, we want you to be able to address decay, damage, and cosmetic imperfections without calling attention to them, which is why we only use the highest quality dental materials to craft our restorations from, like porcelain. This will allow you to preserve your natural tooth without highlighting the fact that it has been treated. Call our office today to learn more about dental crowns in Brick.
Why Choose Drum Point Family & Implant Dentistry for Dental Crowns?
- High-Quality, Natural-Looking Dental Materials
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation Available for Anxious Patients
- Streamlined Digital Dentistry Using the Latest Technology
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are small, cap-like restorations that are designed to fit over the visible biting surface of teeth. Our team often recommends them in situations where a tooth has just been treated, like with root canal therapy or a large filling, or is damaged, as they can offer them additional protection. Not only will securing a crown over a tooth minimize any sensitivity, but it will keep harmful oral bacteria away from your vulnerable tooth as well, reducing your chances of requiring an extraction down the road.
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
After you’ve received an examination from one of our skilled dentists and have decided that you want to move forward with getting a dental crown, we’ll get to work preparing your tooth. This involves removing a very small amount of enamel, allowing the restoration to fit atop your tooth without causing your bite to become unbalanced.
Once your affected tooth has been prepared, we’ll capture an impression of it that we’ll send off to our dental laboratory to model your permanent restoration after. Before you leave our office, we’ll secure a temporary onto your prepared tooth to minimize any sensitivity and discomfort.
After a couple of weeks, your permanent crown will be ready, and we’ll call you back into our office to cement it atop your tooth. Once this is complete, you’ll be able to use your tooth like natural. However, we recommend avoiding eating any excessively sticky, chewy, or tough foods, as this could increase your chances of dislodging the restoration.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
Fortifying your tooth with a dental crown from your dentist in Brick can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Improved Chewing Ability: The extra support your crown will provide will allow you to chew a wider variety of foods.
- Decreased Discomfort: Leaving a compromised tooth unprotected can increase your chances of experiencing sensitivity and other uncomfortable symptoms, as well as increase your risk of developing additional oral health issues in the same tooth down the road.
- Durable & Long-Lasting Results: With the proper maintenance, your dental crown can last for up to 15 years.